Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yesterday: a fun day of following the Lord's voice

Yesterday was the Lord teaching me to trust. Jehosaphat and I (Elisha) followed the Lord's Voice to a Place the Bible calls: Ramoth Gilead. Before we left, we stopped by the gas station to fill up on fuel. once home, i changed my clothes grabbed some snacks and H20 and we were on our way. i have been wanting to take Jehosaphat to a certain place to eat for quite some time. However, once we arrived we realized the place had changed. then after we ate the food of my culture, it came time to pay. i was going to pay in cash but decided to pay with my card and use the cash for the tip. The only problem was i didn't have my card.(remember i changed). After a minor freak out and the grace of God, (having just the right amount of money to pay in cash and some left over for tip)we went and sat on the beach. jeho marveled at the Lord's handiwork and i read my Bible to see the next step. As the day turned into evening and evening turned into 9:30 we hit the road once more. At this point in time my car was only running  on the provision of the Lord. I seriously contemplated a man to get us out of this sticky situation but Jeho urged me to let the Lord handle it. So i did. Needless to say we made it back home in one piece. 
However this morning... my car did stall twice because it was now running on the soil in gasoline. i kept turning my car on and off, praying that God would get me to a gas station. HE DID! some may trust in horses, some may trust in chariots but we will trust in the name of our God!

- vague enough for you cryn?

2 comments:

Nina49a said...

Great story...but...ummm... a little too vague for me.J/K

Corynne Escalante said...

ugh! i hate that sinking feeling of leaving your money at home! i've totally done that before, changed and then forgot to transfer...

this was a little better, but still vague enough to confuse me. :-)

p.s. don't tell your dad you were running on fumes... that's terrible for your car and he would be furious. i know this from personal experience... :]