Thursday, July 17, 2008

One Hot Wheel at a time

I was amazed at Elliott's trial. He dumped out a truck load of small cars onto the living room floor, and decided it wasn't fair that he had to pick them all up himself. He exclaimed, " I can't do it on my own. I'll never be able to pick them all up."  recognizing  that this was something he had to go through to grow,  I sat on the couch coaching him through his giant feat that lay before him.                                     "You're almost there! Keep going!"
He stopped a couple times to complain and make moaning noises that soon stopped after i told him it sounded like his head was gonna explode. " Elliott, why don't you try picking up one race car at a time?", I asked.  He did and before he knew it, he was done and thrilled with what he had accomplished.
It's amazing how our trials develop as we grow physically and spiritually. Elliott is three years old and has a lot of growing still to come, but for now he takes it one Hot Wheel at a time.
                                   Praise the Lord for His patients !

No comments: