Wednesday, July 23, 2008

just when you thought you made it... you do!

This morning i got in my car to go to work only to remember that i have absolutely no gas from the festivities the night before. no matter, God was going to get me to a gas station! with this in mind i made my trek to work. just as i was turning onto fairview from civic center, my car decides to shut off. NOT EXCITING! However, as of late i have been super at ease with bad things happening to my car. IE: flat tire on the fwy. and pretty much running out of gas with cryn and the kids on the way to the beach a couple months back. so i turned my car off and re-started it. the car started! it jerked out of its lane through the intersection. i was so scared it was gonna fail again so i pulled into a Goodwill parking-lot and drove through there for safety. With the gas station in view, i bolted out of the parking-lot onto the street. Victory was mine! just as i was about to turn through the next intersection, my car shut off again. so i restarted it again and drove as slow as possible into the gas station, because this was the speed my car could go. then once i pulled in and parked the payment machine thing wouldnt let me buy gas so i had to go inside and pay, Twice. (cause its retarded). then once my money went through i couldnt get the gas cap off because my dad bought a new gas cap that locks cause there are bad people that steal gas at night ( it happened to my brother too). Oh and might i remind you ... this is all on my way to work... needless to say, i would be late. so i called my manager to tell her and then called my dad to vent because i was so frustrated. 
once i got to work, i remember what the Lord had told me at 2:43 am in the morning when He woke me up. He said, " The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty." so i went on clinging to this promise. It was all in all a HARD day and i was missing someone so much. i just kept trying to cling to His promises and i remembered a song that says, " look to Jesus" in it... with all that the LOrd is to us.  
Night time approached and i had the pleasure of ministering along side char in worship at the wednesday night Bible study at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. So much fun. I love praising the LOrd and i love it even more when i can do it along side friends.

1 comment:

Corynne Escalante said...

that's awesome. that verse the Lord ministered to you is beautiful, i love it.