there is a lot more than this in my kit but i would be here forever!!!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
i borrowed a cute idea i saw on cheekymagpie.com. this apple is super easy to make and looks adorable when finished. my instructions on how to make the apple are a little different then hers but i made the changes as i saw necessary. and also if you have access to little kid books with pictures in them( black and white), the apples will turn out even better! oh and make sure not to make them too big or they will come out like pumpkins (unless thats what you want).
you will need:
*PAPER BACK books
*create some kind of half stencil of an apple
*food color of choice
*hot glue gun
first things first- take your paper back and strip it of its cover
next divide the paper back into sections
place book on table - spine up
slice book with exacto knife in the spine where you made the divisions.( your divisions will very depending on how big your book is. i found dividing it into three worked best)
2. lay the stencil onto the book making sure to line the stencil up with the edge of the book.
take a pencil or pen and make an outline onto the book. next either with an exacto knife or in this case a ban saw and cut out the shape of the stencil. tip: ban saw is way faster! however, the downside is you might end up in the emergency room.
3. once you have your half apple cut out, take a cotton ball and dip it into the colored water of your choice. begin to color/ soak ( for a more weathered look)in the rounded edges and inside trim of ever page( front and back). take blow dryer and dry the pages.
4. next, kinda play with the book in order to make pliable. you will want to make it as flexible as possible. divide in have(not cut! just divide) and lay the book down with spine up.
5. take the hot glue gun and put some glue on the spine- add twig. immediately pick book up and fold so the twig is crushed between the two halves. hold vigorously making sure to massage the book so it becomes even more pliable.
6. and last but not least, let go and fan the pages to make and evenly covered apple tada!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
for some reason whenever i go on to Myspace or something to that effect, i always seem to see at least one person who has that stupid happy face thing that says " thirsty" next to it. seriously?come on! first of all, no one legitimately thirsty would take the time to log onto their account, and change the symbol just so everyone would know how thirsty they are. and second, happy faces in general are just agitating. they should have died when we graduated Elementary School. you need to let go! ALL this to say... today i could have been one of those irritating people well, cryn and i could have been those irritating people. for some reason during our trek through the mall we became so thirsty we could not function. cryn thankfully, remembered a cup of ice water left in the car from lunch. however, between her and i our well depleted into nothing more than a... never-mind. driving our car franticly, and sadly scheming to get free water, we settled on the church office at calvary costa mesa... so sad. hopefully you will never be this thirsty. thanks to rachel, water bottles for everyone!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
i love winter, however i do not love being sick. i only have a cold but i feel like i want to chop off my head.
THIS MORNING, i woke up late for church - which isnt good since i lead... and because i woke up late i sped to San Juan looking in my rear view mirror the WHOLE time. PRAISE JESUS I DID NOT GET A TICKET FOR BREAKING THE LAW. haha! one day my sickness will leave me alone, but until that day, i sit. i hate the sniffles!