Monday, July 7, 2008

it was still july 6th an i was still clinging to the cross

2nd Chronicles 20 with Britt Merrick 
again i asked the Lord to continue to confirm and speak to me.

" Nor do i know what to do but my eyes are upon you."- vs.12)
1. get myself up and seek the Lord
. get thoughts on Jesus
. submit them to Jesus
. there is a lot competing for my attention right now but i need to go before God first.
2. Jehosaphat prayed
. Jeho led others to do the same: proclaimed a fast
. prayer starts with praise
. took all his thoughts captive to praise the Lord
3. Praise the Lord in difficult circumstances
. just because my circumstances have changed doesn't mean my God has."
. stop! get it together! and praise the Lord!
. jeho probably didn't feel like praising the Lord but its not dependent on how we feel.
. offer a sacrifice of praise
. there was every reason for him to be afraid except for his God.
. let God know what's going on but praise Him first
. if He was worthy of praise when we weren't in the trial then He is when we are
.Phil 4:8 " whatever is praiseworthy meditate on these things"
. jeho went to the tabernacle: where God would meet and listen
. Jeho was standing on that promise
. " im not gonna leave the land  'cause God promised to keep us in the land as long as we dwell in obedience."
. he knew the promise of the Lord. he knew God said ill meet you and hear you. 
. stand firm on that promise and draw great strength.
. im not gonna speak to my advisors because God promised He would hear me and answer me.
. Jeho was drawing Gods passed record for his future assurance
. josh. 21:45 " not one of the good promises failed, not one failed.
.psalm 19:7 - God, youre Lord over my life! what do you want me to do?

No comments: