Monday, March 1, 2010

you know what wears holes in pockets? water heaters!


You know that feeling you sometimes get when you stay in a hotel room or really just any room that you're not used to being in? It's that "where am I?" feeling. This morning I awoke to that very thought. Interestingly enough, I was in my own room. After laying there a second or two I remembered last night's room cleaning. To some this may seem silly, but to others (who have seen my room recently (especially since my birthday party), they would know it has been messier than usual... Stay with me ...

Next, I needed to take a shower, a simple enough task. So I grab my towel, get in the shower, turn on the water, put some shampoo in my hair and I notice something. The water is just not getting hot. So I get out of the shower, run over to my other bathroom and decided to take a bath (because this bathroom only has a bath). After running the water for a little while I realize this water isn't getting hot either. Getting out of the bath, I accept that the water in the house is going to stay freezing cold, and now have to do something about the remarkable amount of shampoo still in my hair. The sink!!! yes, the sink. I will stick my head under the bathroom sink. I proceed by turning on the faucet and grey water comes leaping out... Naturally, I call my dad. Soon after my dad coming home for lunch, I make my way over to my friend Lauren's house to take a shower... Now, by this time I would have given up on the shower but I was meeting a friend in a couple of hours so I trudged onward.

After getting out of the Shower at Lauren's house, I got a text canceling the plans I previously had. And Now I'm slightly annoyed. Not 'cause of this one broken plan, but 'cause this has been happening to me lately.

Side note: at Saturday Night church at Calvary Costa Mesa, we break up into prayer groups after worship. Ordinarily, this would seem nice but I'm not the most outgoing person. Making an effort for me is REALLY making an effort. But, I'm trying to get better so I'll play Mike's little game. Can I just say that EVERY SINGLE saturday night I get rejected. Nobody ever wants to pray with me... Ever!!!!! And this past saturday night was no different. I walk over to a lady and ask if I can pray with her. She proceeds to say," oh well I think everyone is breaking up into groups." so I say, " yeah! do you want to be a group?" she looks at me and says, "I already prayed. but that man over there might want to pray with you." Are you kidding me? rejection numero uno. But wait... Still having no prayer group, I walk over to " that man over there" and ask, " Can I pray with you?" He reluctantly looks at me and says, " I don't need prayer." So I walk away. Do I Smell? I am going on record to say, I'm tired of being rejected... in any capacity!!!!

Back to my day: Now that I have no plans, Lauren invites me to come along with her to the Hyatt in Huntington beach to hang out with her while all of her cheerleaders take there pictures for the year book. It was nice to be outside. My day ended by driving to cherry on top to get frozen yogurt for one. Yes, I know. I am pathetic. What did you do today?..

Despite all this, I leave you with this quote from my mom. " I'm just gonna tell you, Allison. You're not gonna find any one like dad. I'm just tell'n you. You're not gonna." :) ... " Okay. I won't hold my breath.... wise words. ha!
  • Have a cute enact dote or mishap? I would love to hear about your day.

3 comments:

Magdalene Barbara said...

:( This whole thing made me very sad....If you've been trying to get a hold of me, my screen on my phone is broken. It's march now. So I should be able to get a new phone...either today, or thursday. I love you, and appreciate you.

allisonescalante said...

hahaha! GOod. I hope the apologies come flooding in.. jk. not you. though i have been trying to get ahold of you...

allisonescalante said...

I hope you are well. call me when you are up and running again