Friday, March 12, 2010

whats new that's old?



Today had a special afternoon in it. My friend magdalene and Joel (JJ) went out for lunch and coffee. Joel (JJ) was at one time one of mine and Maggie's Jr.highers, but has since climbed the charts to our very own friend. At one point he asked me, what's new in your life that is also old?.. or at least it went somewhat along those lines. And I sat back in my chair and just thought how incredibly random that question was yet how appropriate. It was at the very moment he asked that I had a really good honest answer.

For almost a month now I have been struggling with something old and it's new that i have been mulling this thorn in my flesh over. I had thought this had gone away for good but sometimes things or people or ideas, like to walk right back into your life with no warning or invitation.

this is something/ someone I have to give to the Lord over and over again and trust that God knows better and has a gigantic plan.

So for now, however vague or not vague this post may be, please pray and if you have an encouraging verse or whatever, feel free to send it my way. Let's stir up the Body with Love and good works!

2 comments:

Magdalene Barbara said...

magdalene? You usually only call me that when I'm in trouble...

allisonescalante said...

oh no. youre not in trouble. I think cause i have been talking about elongating pet names it just slipped out in all of the commotion. "NOT TO WORRY. YET NOT TO WORRY." - name that movie