Thursday, May 6, 2010

Joyous anxiety

I feel like something needs to be said. I feel like there is something I need to get off my chest.
And I feel like shouting it from the roof tops. Literally. I want to go outside grab a ladder, climb up that ladder, stand on the roof of my house or preferably stand on the top of two roofs,one foot on each roof ( the roofs are very close together) and shout. Shout something special. shout something that I have wanted to shout but couldn't previously shout...

I feel like the plural for roof should be something other than roofs. what do you think it should be? roove? reef? roof-i? ha. ???...

Back to shouting atop roofs...

It could be because I'm listening to sarah Jaffe at this very moment, and the cello in the song, even born again makes my soul ache with joyous anxiety. hmm...

all this talk of roof tops makes me think about the paraplegic whose friends cared so much for his well being that they climbed a house top and began pulling stalks from the roof to lower him into Jesus' presence. I love that even though the paralyzed man could do nothing, his friends did everything it took to bring him into the presence of God. ANNND, I love that Jesus healed/forgave the man his sins because of his friend's faith. With that being said, I would like to say thank you to all the balcony people in my life who bring me to the presence of the Lord when I can't seem to get there... and to my "stage hand".

As far as the shouting atop a roof... I guess we'll all have to wait for my joyous anxiety to get the best of me.. and maybe just maybe, i might shout something special. ;) hope everybody's lost 'cause I sure am.