Wednesday, May 5, 2010


HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!!

Cinco De Mayo is a delightful day. One of my favorite memories of this day was when i was in kindergarden, believe it or not. I can still remember the scents from the day- the smell of salsa looming in the air. mmmm. delicious.

My kindergarden and first grade years were spent at a trilingual school in Santa Ana called Taft Elementary School. Those days are burned in my brain. I remember one of my kindergarden teachers having toe nails resembling sea shells. I remember stealing said teacher's coral lip stick. I LOVED that lipstick. Everyday at school I would see her apply it and it haunted me. I HAD to have that lipstick. I remember denying a girl who asked to be my friend as I slid down a silver slide." your not supposed to ask to be someones friend, you just become one." I remember making flower bracelets, necklaces and crowns in the field. The memories go on and on.

Now, I wish I had a picture of significance but I don't. However, I do have this lovely picture of my beloved nephew. It makes me giggle.

No comments: