Monday, August 11, 2008

one of the best things about my Lord:

 ... He knows my heart even before I tell him.

     Psalm 73 starts off saying, " Truly God is good to Israel." As you may or may not know, Israel is used as a picture of us as God's Children. So it would really read (for me) " Truly God is good to Allison!"
      vs.2) My feet had almost stumbled. My steps had nearly slipped.

      vs.13) Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocence. For all day long i have been plagued, and chastened every morning.

      vs.16- 17) When i thought how to understand this, it was too painful for me- Until i went into the sanctuary of God...
      
   I know i can testify to this. Every time i try to understand what God is doing, it's too painful for me. Everything on the earth in my situation says, its over! there is no hope! EXCEPT my God...  It is in the Times when i set my mind and my heart to praise God, to direct my attention to Him, it isn't until i go into His sanctuary that i have a peace that passes understanding. Praise the Lord!

      vs.21-26) Thus my heart was grieved, and i was vexed in my mind. I was so foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before You. Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel. whom have I in heaven but You? and there is none upon earth I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

I love the picture here. when i tell Elliott to hold my hand to cross the street, he grabs on. But i'm not just letting him hold on to me thinking he will be safe. NO! I wrap my hand around his wrist so if i need to intercede to protect him, i can. so too, the Lord holds me by my hand, as if to say, though you hold on, i'm holding on even tighter so that i may intercede when I need to. I'm going to guide you! I'm going to make sure you are safe! 

       vs.28) But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works.

No comments: