Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MAIN EVENT

I have a list of things I want to do or see on my bed side table. One event that was on said list was to go on the orange balloon at the Great Park in Irvine. As we neared the park I was almost hyperventilating. I couldn't believe we were going to go on. Once we arrived, we walked into the room where you sign your life away in the event that... well you know... THEN they hand you a pager much like one you would get at a restaurant while waiting for your table. We walked out of that room and down the way a bit toward the balloon. Once our pager went off we took it back to the room to receive our balloon tickets and waited in line for our turn. ahhh!!!! so exciting. They let us on and as we all walked on, I thought, maybe this wasn't a good idea. maggie and I faced each other as the balloon began to rise to over 400 feet in the air. It shook and shook, but once we were at our desired height, we were able to relax a bit and walk around to take pictures. It was already night time by the time we went up so we were able to see the city all lit up. though in the commotion and rocking of the balloon and the effects of night with not a great camera, some pictures came out a little rough. But who really cares?! It was AWESOME!!!!

No comments: