Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh how my soul has been weary- why is it that the tiniest things make the biggest deals?


Each morning I am subdued with my worthlessness, yet as I stumble out of bed and find my way to the Bread of Life, I encounter God's unchanging, never-ending love for me. I have been engulfed adjectively (as of late) by the Poetic words of my Savior. Sweetly, each morning He allures me to Himself. " For I, says the Lord, ' will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'"

Last night I continuously mulled over Philippians 4:6-9, as my sister in law sweetly suggested.
I love that this verse says, " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God..." How did I miss that all these years? with thanksgiving? In order to keep my thoughts in the Lord's hands, my flesh was forced to give thanks for the very thing that agitated me.
This morning I awoke to the obnoxious noise of a mulcher right outside my window, and all of a sudden the nights events came flashing in my heart. Again I rushed to my Bible to be washed in the word, looked at my guitar which hasn't been soothing my spirits and back again to the Word.
for days there has been a song in my heart, but nothing sufficient to satisfy. Every time I sat down putting pen to paper, something jazzy came out... I like jazz but it wasn't my style of choice for this song. Clearly I was being influenced by something, but what?Without another thought I stopped listening to music. Once stopped, I realized something very important about myself, the Bible needed to go. I think I was forcing it too much. I knew something needed to be released so i thought, why not sing the word of God? bad idea. you know why??? every single verse ( practically) has a melody already to it.
Even more antsy, I readied myself for the day, headed over to converse with a dear friend at School of Worship, decided I am going to teach myself how to play the banjo( which is going quite well for my first day), and decided I was going to lock myself in the recording studio to do business with my Lord. The Result: the cry of my heart put to a melody. Praise God for His promise that when we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us!

No comments: