Tuesday, June 24, 2008

a second trip through joshua


" That all the people of the earth may know the hand of the Lord, that it is mighty, that you may fear the Lord your God forever." - Joshua 4:24
As I grow in my relationship with the Lord, I become increasingly irritated with myself and the state I am in. Just when I'm selfishly broken to the point of tears God shows me how little faith I have in Him. 
I am a big believer in the idea that we need to be reminded more often than taught. Everything God does is to bring glory to Himself. In this chapter, God commands Joshua to have the 12 men representing the 12 tribes of Israel pick up a stone as they are crossing the Jordan, and place it on the other side as a memorial for the children of Israel forever.
God knew. Just as quickly as the Israelites were astonished at the parting of the Jordan, they would forget. They would forget their God. The One who created their very being, the One who gives them the very breath they breathe... Their Provider, their Sustainer, the Lover of their soul.
                             PLEASE..

Don't forget your Creator. Don't forget where your identity lies in the business of life. Don't forget the Lover of your soul... Don't be distracted from your purpose. 

People always want to know where their purpose lies. Only to find simplicity of concept yet extremely hard to focus on whole heartedly. JESUS: TO KNOW HIM AND MAKE HIM KNOWN. 

No comments: