Monday, April 26, 2010

Just imagine it.

One of my worst fears while driving on the freeway aside from crashing, and accidentally getting stuck in the carpool lane when I'm driving by myself is accidentally ending up on the toll road and not having any money to pay said toll. What actually happens If you don't have enough money? Do you just run through it? Do you wait till everyone behind you gets so annoyed that they offer to pay for you?

Yesterday on my way to have dinner with my aunt and uncle, I somehow managed to get stuck on an unfamiliar freeway. It happened all too quickly and before I knew it I was sitting at a toll booth with no money to speak of. I was already running so late. Dinner was supposed to be at 5:00 and I had fallen asleep. Not only was I late because I was so exhausted, but I was supposed to meet up with my friend matt before dinner as well... and no shower... I was dirty. I hate being dirty.

After leaving matt 45 minutes past 5:00, I raced to the freeway (must pay better attention while stressed). Sitting at the toll booth, and panicking, I threw the contents of my purse, center consul, and pretty much ripped apart my whole car looking for loose change. After checking the car and spending time in the bushes along the toll booth, I was now a dime short. A dime! I prayed and prayed my way to that dime. I thought I would get out of the car one last time to take a look around. People are usually careless when throwing money in the bin. As soon as I opened my door I dropped one of my dimes and now I was two dimes too short. I ducked under my car to look for my dime and low and behold sitting there was a QUARTER!!!

3 comments:

Magdalene Barbara said...

THUMBS UP JESUS!

Buczarski & Hutch said...

the Lord has an incredible sense of humor.

Kylie Rae said...

amazing! Jesus is good :)