Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bridal Shower


I'm throwing a Bridal shower for my soon to be sister in law in about a week and a half. In my mind the planning couldn't be going any better. Everything is organized and in its place. I have everything right where I want it and no one can put things out of their place. It's wonderful!
In the tangible world you ask? yeah, I pretty much have nothing done. In my defense, and in my opinion, preparation of the mind is half the battle.

The second half of the battle is about to commence, and it will be bloody. Having a tiny budget is daunting but it can definitely be done. let me prove it to you...

During my stroll down to the flying goat for some coffee, I stopped at a thrift store and found some fabric that couldn't have matched better than it does to the theme of the shower. It is a sight to behold. Perfectly perfect, and only 2 Northern California dollars!

Oh and Question for all of you Shower throwing extraordinars: Does anyone have any good idea for shower games that are actually fun? I don't know how many showers I have been to when I thought to myself, "there is no way they're getting me to do that" , and yet somehow I find myself still sitting there with this uncomfortable smile on my face counting the minutes till I can leave..

2 comments:

Jessy said...

Games...

I know it's cheesy but still fun... have everyone on teams and create a bridal gown out of toilet paper!

Ask the groom questions about the bride and relationship on video and then at the shower ask the girl and then watch the boys answers

that's all i can think of for now

allisonescalante said...

swonderful!.. keep em coming!