Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Heavens Declare His Glory

 most days my head is somewhere in the clouds or focused on some unimportant pleasure in my day. however, today is just one of those days i want to barry my head in my Abba's chest and cry.
  work has grown increasingly awkward as a fellow employee has not so suddenly proclaimed his like for me and some times likes to say he loves me. how do you avoid the awkward conversation of: " you're not a christian, the Bible says not to be unequally yoked." as these will not make sense to him. this morning he referred to me as his girlfriend and I'm pretty sure i didn't sign up for that one. i didn't even know what to say. i just looked at him like he was crazy. and friday he kept asking me out. he said, " so are we gonna hang out this weekend?" i laughed... hard. his reply? " so i guess that means no." then there was an awkward pause. i said, " i don't think you want to hang out with me. Im kinda boring." He looked at me somewhat puzzled and let out a small laugh. but honestly to a  person who spends his time partying and wasting countless times waking up and not remembering anything from the night before, I probably would be really boring. i don't drink. i don't smoke. i don't swear. And i don't party. I love God. sunday morning i lead worship at a church. monday night I have a prayer group with a couple of girls. wednesday night i go to church and help out in the Jr.. high ministry. and saturday night i go to church. everything else kinda just fills in the holes. Despite the whole him not being a believer, we have too much in common. However i know with all my heart that the Lord has NOT called me to him.  And on top of that i have no idea what God is doing in a certain situation. Im in a waiting period. but my eyes are fixed upon Him. I just want to sit on the couch with my fathers arms wrapped around me. The Lord promises rest is found in Him. so if anyone needs me thats where I'll be.

No comments: