Wednesday, October 1, 2008

bridges and butterfly prayers

today was rediculously hot... so today cryn, dave, and i took the little ones down to corona del mar for a little fun in the sun and water- though elliott isnt a fan of either. instead of playing in the waves with caiden, El and i built a bridge for his cars. well, i built a bridge for his cars. As i was doing so, i was reminded of how i am with the Lord. 
          Elliott came running up the beach toward me asking, " Aunty, can you build me a rode for my cars?" and of course who could resist someone they love and want to bless- plus he came calling me Aunty!  so i walked down toward the water with him and began to construct this rode he asked me for. As i was building, he kept putting his 2 cents in and saying, " can we do that? Is it possible if?" huh? what do you think?" ... Next i hear him say... " what are you doing? - building a bridge!... Elliott was full of even more questions... the more i wanted to build upon his initial dream, the more i received questions.  i found myself saying, elliott, we cant do that. the bridge will collapse if we do it that way." which was greeted with... " WHY?".. i told him," ive been building roads and bridges (in the sand) for a long time... i know what im doing.. trust me!" as those words came slipping out of my mouth i laughed and told him to come close so i could give him a kiss, and said thank you, Lord!  
          I saw a perfect picture of who i am with the Lord and at this very moment too. I come running to Him, Calling out, Daddy, Can you build this rode for me?" and as he starts to construct my initial dream he starts perfecting it in His own way... and as He does He hears more and more questions and requests.-" Daddy, what about this?.. is it possible if?..Huh? what do You think?.. and as i ask those questions, i see Him start to construct things that would bless me in the long run but things i didn't necessarily ask for... in my own time constraint i think to myself, " why is He doing that? that's nice but now it's gonna take longer? oh Gosh, i hope He knows what He is doing." and even before i have time to let even one syllable slip from my mouth, He says, Allison, Ive been building roads and bridges for a long time... I know what im doing. Trust me!   - THE CROSS BEFORE ME THE WORLD BEHIND ME- NO TURNING BACK. FORSAKING ALL TO HEAR THE LORD'S VOICE.

No comments: