Thursday, September 4, 2008

this world has nothing for me...

for the past two months i have been praying about a certain circumstance. It has been challenging no doubt to continue to trust in the Lord but it has also been such a blessing to draw nearer to the Lord and wait on Him in this time. At that moment in time i only was really seeking Him for this one thing i speak of. Well, as of late, apparently God thought He would stretch me as far as humanly possible in this one thing( although huge). it was then God started dropping things into my lap, and attached to these things comes deadlines that need to be met. 1: in praying for the Lord to finish the work he said he would complete almost 1 year and 4 months ago. 2: praying on what the Lord's will is in leading worship for Calvary Chapel san Juan and whether i am in it. 3: my friend's brother kevin just died a couple nights ago from a heart attack. he was 16. please pray for the family! 4: a door has been opened to finally pursue what i have loved to do my whole life (for a living), Make-up. but i wont be able to start till january( which is perfect timing in my opinion). and i just found out that someone dear to my heart has cancer. there is so much to pray for.  the saddest part of it all though, is talking to some one about it who doesn't know God. I get the " that sucks" or the " you'll be in my thoughts" and every time i hear this reply i think to myself, " is that it? that's all you have to say?" there is absolutely no hope attached to it. and i think, " what good is it to think about someone? what does that do? NOTHING! but attach that with prayer and there is a whole different story. Thank God i have a hope. His name is Jesus!

No comments: