Monday, August 23, 2010

The Way the Lord had it...

Today was the day I spent the day in my car. Thank God for music and air conditioning! Early in the morning I drove to Cost Plus looking for a scarf. Yes, it was the day of and we still didn't have a Scarf. (musicians make the best procrastinators) I walked in directly toward the accessory section, taking pictures of all the scarves I could find and sending them to max for him to pick one. After max picked one out, I hopped in my car and drove out to Chino for my beautiful Adriana's bridal shower. I then hopped back in my Car to sit in traffic for an hour and and a half, drove back home to change and get all of my camera equipment, got back in my car and drove down to Corona Del Mar to a Flower stand I LOVE (just outside Chronic Tacos) to purchase white roses, got back in my car again, drove down to Laguna and parked.
I left all of my equipment in the car and walked down to subway, the liquor store, and then to a hotel, looking for someone to exchange two dollar bills into quarters. Victory was mine at the Hotel. (I should have went there first) When I got back to my car I grabbed my box full of glass jars and candles, the tripod, the Nikon and Cannon I would be shooting with and walked away forgetting to put the two dollars worth of quarters (I wasted so much time on) in the parking meter.
Off I went down the hill toward the beach, and the sweetest guy asked if he could help me carry my things down for me. Side Note: I LOVE gentlemen!.. I could see that the light was turning so the pedestrians could walk across the street so at that point I was pretty much almost there. I said," thank you for offering, but I'm almost there," and kept walking. Once I got down to the bench where I would be taking the pictures of the proposal, I put my things down and sat there already exhausted from the day. Shortly after arriving, Max's mom and dad showed up to help set everything up. We sat there for an hour or so praying the huge crowd of people on the beach would go away, and as the tide rose, we added that to our prayers as well. The tide was now too high. Max would now be in knee deep water should he propose in this place. We quickly had to change the plan. Once everything was in place, and received the text from max that they were on their way, I text max and told him the plan had changed; the water was too high. After hearing from him, I nervously set up my camera equipment in an ally way and shooed onlookers away as they lingered, drawing attention to the site. Once I saw max leading his future wife down the stairs with ring in pocket, it was on...

No comments: