Monday, August 23, 2010

the ORIGINAL plan


A year ago I received a phone call; one that I was overjoyed to answer. " I'm going to propose!", he told me. After a couple exciting moments of me freaking out, my dear friend, Max, asked me if I would be apart of the BIG day. Naturally, I was flattered and was overly willing to participate in said event.
We schemed for weeks trying to come up with the perfect proposal; trying to find the right location. Beach after beach we went, till finally we found it: Cress Street in Laguna Beach. It was perfect!
Those weeks of planning somehow turned into months of waiting and those months of waiting turned out to be an actual year. Things weren't going according to plan. At least not according to OUR plan.
A full year later I received another phone call one that I was equally if not more excited to answer. We had been praying over this event for a year, and now it seemed as though everything was set in place.
On a Wednesday I met up for breakfast with my dear friend and his sweet mother, Pauline. Max and I mostly sat in a giddy anxious silence, glancing at each other occasionally saying, "I'm SO excited."
Our next stop was back down to Cress Street where the deed would be done. Sitting on a bench overlooking the ocean, we put our heads together. It was a new year and with a new year comes new ideas.
We had already planned on lighting the way down the spiral staircase with candles, but there was something missing. A scarf!!! "You could have a scarf down on the sand to kneel on when you propose and when your done she can have it as an extra memento of the day!... Aaaand... White Roses for after she says Yes! ( she loves white roses) Finally Max's day was all planned out. We could now relax with haircuts for everyone, and relaxing it was. After Max's haircut, he and I made our way to Anthropology, Urban Outfitters, and American Rag on a Scarf hunt. Sadly, we were not able to find exactly what we were envisioning, but purchased a black and white scarf from Urban just in case.





No comments: