Friday, April 11, 2008

a beautiful day for walk?

Spring is here! looking out a window of the house and car, I saw beautiful budding trees, colorful flowers and people enjoying the day. However, upon exiting the house or the car, I found an unfamiliar, almost unpleasant itch to the air that was not to be found in my neck of the woods. Apparently, there is a man named Luther Burbank who thought it was a good idea to cross pollinate a ton of flowers around the city and in a garden that was made especially for this purpose. However, in cross pollinating these flowers he also introduced a ton of new pollens as well. I wonder what he was thinking when he was cross pollinating these flowers. This one thing I know for sure, he wasn't thinking of people with allergies. I have yet to find someone who has benefitted from his genius.

No comments: